Thursday, October 15, 2009

Contest - Emotions Red Roses Evoke


What emotion do red roses inpsire in you?

This week I propose a little contest of sorts. Take a look at the picture and write a short story of no more than 300 words describing what emotion the roses inspire. Off the cuff, I can think of happy, sad, love, regret and forgiveness.

Post your story in the comment section before 12 midnight on Saturday, 18 October EST. After the entries have closed, I will afford everyone a chance to vote for their favorite entry until 12 midnight Tuesday 21 October.

On Wednesday 22 October I will reveal the result of the vote.

Why do I think it is a good idea?

No one can ever know enough about writing and reading other people's creativity often sparks some of your own. I believe all writers can learn from each other and that too few people are afforded the opportunity to do so.

So put pen to paper and let us have it.

Above all - keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment